In this issue e.g. I. William Zartman on negotiations in Syria, Mordechai Melamud on an arms control treaty in cyberspace and various more conceptual articles; including Mikhail Troitskiy on fake actors in political negotiation.
4. Negotiations in Syria (I William Zartman)
7. Concepts: Grounds for alliance negotiations (I William Zartman)
12. Fake actors in political negotiation (Mikhail Troitskiy)
16. The rule of crisis in negotiation on risks: For good or bad? (Gunnar Sjostedt)
19. Using Tai Chi to enhance negotiation effectiveness (Alisher Faizullaev)
23. Cyberspace – the new frontier: Towards an arms control treaty in cyberspace? (Mordechai Melamud)
27. Dutch bargaining (Paul Meerts)
31. The crisis negotiator: Reflections on an interview with Michel Marie (Feike Fliervoet, Christine Grant, Gleb Mytko, Nick Peulen)
38. On Avishai Margalit’s “On Compromise and Rotten Compromises” (Rudolf Schussler)
42. Reconciliation as preventive negotiation (Mark Anstey and Valerie Rosoux)
46. Negotiations in transitions: project update (I William Zartman)
PINPoints is the biannual online publication of PIN and is sent to over 4,000 subscribers around the world. Each issue contains an overview of past and future events, reports of PIN related activities and, most importantly, articles with the latest developments and insights in international negotiation research. PINPoints is edited by Petra Brandt of German Institute for Global and Area Studies (GIGA).